Army Installation Management Command Child and Youth Program Assistant (CY-01/02) in Fort Hunter Liggett, California
Area of consideration is US Citizens & Non-Citizens, Military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days or applicants willing to move to commuting area on your own expense. This position is located at CYS, Fort Hunter Liggett, CA Announcement will have a first cutoff date of March 25, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur. If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process, please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
Learn more about this agency
Helps establish a program environment that promotes positive child and youth interactions with other children, youth, and adults. Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedule. Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques. Supervises children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities, on field trip outings and special events. Promotes and models safety, fitness, and health and nutrition practices. Assists in maintaining program participation data and completing required daily reports. For a listing of duties may be found at FASCLASS PD#19889- https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9RiHKKWZmZlIuelaZWhHI%3D FASCLASS PD#19890- https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9RiHKLUJmZlIuelaZWhWo%3D FASCLASS PD#19891- https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9RiHKLUZmZlIuelaZWhWs%3D
- #### Job family (Series)
1702 Education And Training Technician
Conditions of Employment
-Direct Deposit & Social Security Card is required
Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
A one year probationary period may be required
Must be 18 years of age by appointment date
Possess HS Diploma or GED by appointment date
If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form)
Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position
Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal)
Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis
Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors
Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease
Successfully complete all required background checks to include a health screening. An annual health screening will be required throughout employment. All local background checks will be re-verified every 5 years
Shift will include hours between 6:30 am through 6:00 pm. Occasional nights and weekends NOTE: No person, regardless of circumstance, will be approved to provide child care services and/or approved for hire in positions designate as having regular and recurring contact with children if the background check discloses that the individual has been convicted for any of the following: a sexual offense, any criminal offense involving a child victim or a felony drug offense.
Minimum Qualifications: Be 18 years of age and High School diploma or GED equivalent. Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal). Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis. Skill Level:In addition to the requirements listed above, three months experience and possess Army entry Level Training Certificate. OR Six months experience at least nine (9) semester hours college credits with course content directly related to the age group to which assigned. Target Level:In addition to the requirements listed under Skill level qualifications, 18 months of experience working in a group program with children or youth, plus an associate degree or least 60 semester hours of college credit which included a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content directly related to the age group to which assigned OR A bachelor degree or at least 120 semester hours which included a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content as indicated above. OR Possess and maintain one of the following directly related to the age group of the position to which assigned: Child Development Associate Credential, Military School Age Credential, Army Youth Practicum, or other nationally recognized Youth Development Credential. NOTE (1):All course work MUST be related behavioral science. Generic introductory courses (such as Intro to Psych, Intro to Social, etc.) will not be counted. Courses in psychology, sociology, home economics, etc. must link to children/youth/adolescence. For more course information refer above to the listing of duties in FASCLASS. NOTE (2): All required supporting education documents must be submitted at the time of application. Failure to submit proof of education will result in an ineligible rating.
- Area of consideration is US Citizens & Non-Citizens, Military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days or applicants willing to move to commuting area on your own expense.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs in not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- These are Flexible on call positions and employees may work up to 40 hours per week but is based on peak seasons and mission requirements. May be assigned to other activities based on mission requirement.
- These are Flexible positions and are not entitled to benefits.
- Pay may be set between the bottom and top of the advertised rate. Credit may be given for NAF time in grade but most new appointees pay will be set at the bottom of the pay rate for each level.
- Announcement will have a first cutoff date of March 25, 2018 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card. The below items are accepted and will be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA3434,PCS & Marriage Certificate for Military Spouse, Transition Assistance Card for ISM
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than noon (CST) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
DE-NAF-W6GSAA USA COMBAT SPT TNG CTR DO NOT MAIL Fort McCoy, WI US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494079400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/15/2018 to 06/15/2018
Salary: $14.10 to $22.44 per hour
Pay scale & grade: CY 1
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Permanent